Hello CBTL Community,
I hope you have all been having a good winter so far! The countdown is finally on until our 2022 season begins! At this time we are tentatively scheduled to open on April 16. Looking forward to seeing everyone out riding laps again!
2022 Registration (General Membership & Programs)
The 2022 registration page is now live on Zone 4 for our general membership and youth and women's programs.
CBTL 2022 Registration
When you register on Zone4, please don't forget to "opt-in" to emails as future member emails will only be sent to those that select that option.
Track Schedule Updates & Programs
In addition to our usual offerings of open track time, Thursday Night Racing, Try the Track sessions, and womens/youth programs, we are trying some new things in our calendar for the 2022 season:
- Performance Training - this session is reserved for high performance training by elite (i.e., Race Night 'A', faster 'B' racers, nat'l/int'l racing capable riders). There is no formal coaching; however, staff are available for timing, start holds, lap counting, video, etc. A moto pacer and the start gate will be made available on an ad hoc basis. This session is not appropriate for beginner or inexperienced riders (i.e. 'C or D' caliber racers). More information to follow as the season approaches.
- Skill Development Sessions - this session will be a refresh of our former coached night. The session will be focused on skill development and will be run by a CBTL coach. Riders of all abilities will be welcome to attend (as we can all benefit from working on skills from time to time), but riders will be expected to do the workout and/or drills outlined by the coach. No individual workouts will be permitted. Themes of the sessions will vary throughout the season. More information to follow as the season approaches.
- Women's Development Program - we are partnering again this season with women's cycling team, Watt Riot Cycling, to offer our popular women's track program. This will be a six week program running on Monday evenings from 630-9pm from May 16-27. Registration can be done through the same Zone 4 link above.
- Youth Development Program - we are expanding our youth program to 2 sessions per week this year to provide an increased opportunity for our youth riders to develop and learn from one of our coaches. The youth program will run on Wednesdays 5-630pm and Saturdays 10-1130am starting on May 11. Registration can be done through the same Zone 4 link above.
Faster Grants are available through the CBTL to help provide athletes with financial support for attending higher level events or camps that are considered important for their track development. For further information, please email email@example.com . Priority is generally given to junior and U23 athletes, but developing athletes above this age limit will be considered on a case by case basis by the CBTL executive.
Racing & Events
We currently have the following races on our calendar (not including our weekly Thursday night racing):
- Bikeshevik/Kivehsekib (Club Races) - May 7th & 21st
- School's Out Dash - June 18th
- Provincial Track Championships (Calgary is hosting this year!) - August 6th & 7th
- Track Fest/Sprint Day (Club Race) - September 4th (Tentative)
2022 CBTL Board of Directors
Quick thank you to our CBTL executive for all of their hard work behind the scenes helping get us ready for opening day! VP - Rob Stagg, Treasurer - Kendra Fergusson, Secretary - Angie Thomas, Member At Large - Corey Holowaychuk, Non-Voting Members - Reid Cummings (Past President), Rob Armstrong & Erin Ruttan.
Thanks everyone! If you have any questions about the upcoming season, please feel free to send us a message.
Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook